The David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research @MIT
The David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT both transforms and transcends the MIT Center for Cancer Research (CCR). Founded in 1974 by Nobel Laureate and MIT Professor Salvador Luria, CCR has made enormous contributions to the field of cancer research, including:
- Identified the molecules that led to two of the first FDA-approved molecularly targeted anti-cancer drugs: Herceptin® (1998) and Gleevec® (2001)
- Isolated the first human cancer genes
- Discovered extracellular matrix components and their receptors, which play a critical role in metastasis
- Contributed to the sequencing of the human genome
- Developed novel materials for sustained delivery of anti-cancer drugs
CCR/Koch remains one of only eight National Cancer Institute-designated basic research centers in the US. And our faculty have earned the most prestigious national and international science honors:
- Five current and former faculty have been awarded the Nobel Prize
- 14 current faculty are members of the National Academy of Sciences
- Six current and former faculty have been awarded the National Medal of Science
- Five current faculty are Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigators
Added 9 months ago | 00:59:38 | 348 views
Join us for an inspirational special event featuring cancer patient and advocate Linnea Duff and thoracic oncologist and Koch Institute postdoctoral researcher Anna Farago in an intimate conversation about the powerful impact cancer rese...
Added 12 months ago | 01:21:59 | 590 views
October 29, 2013, 6:00 p.m. Bringing together leaders in research, industry, clinical care, and patient advocacy, this program showcases bold approaches to fight cancer. Biocon CEO Kiran Mazumder-Shaw went from brewer to biotechnology ic...
Added over 5 years ago | 00:24:52 | 29360 views
2009 Koch Institute Symposium Ann Chambers: "Monitoring the Fate of Cancer Cells During Metastasis"
Added almost 2 years ago | 01:10:27 | 1134 views
This with/in/sight program on November 7, 2012, featured three experts exploring the future of cancer diagnostics and treatments that are personlaized to the unique attributes of each patient and their cancer. Nikhil Munshi, multip...
Added almost 2 years ago | 00:30:05 | 755 views